What better way to end October than with a pumpkin recipe!
If you follow me, you know that I wrote a Fall bucket list a few posts back on some things that I wanted to do for this fall. So far I’ve done about half of it and I’m so excited! And you would also know that I had a poll on my Instagram asking if you guys wanted to see fashion posts or recipes. Surprisingly it was a tie! So I guess I will keep posting both, thank you so much for your insight. But for today, here goes a recipe on pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
As part of trying to complete all the items on my bucket list we went to a pumpkin patch and then we decided to make some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. They turned out so good! About half of them were gone after 10 minutes! Last year I tried making some but they didn’t taste like pumpkin at all. This time around they turned out just the way I wanted them to. Cakey but with a crunch to them. So soft but with the perfect amount of pumpkin. You can taste it but it’s not overpowering. And the chocolate chips just add the perfect touch.
Here is what you will need:
– 2 cups flour
– 3/4 tsp baking soda
– 1 1/2 baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
– 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
– 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used a mix of milk and semi-sweet)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. In a different bowl, mix the sugars and the vegetable oil.
4. Slowly add the pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla extract.
5. Add in the flour mix until everything is combined.
6. Add the chocolate chips and mix
7. Scoop about 1-2 tsp unto a baking sheet
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden
9. Let them cool down and enjoy
There you have it! I hope you can try it and enjoy as much as we did, definitely a hit in the Ratliff home. I’m sure I’ll keep making it for years to come. Have a lovely week, and let me know what you would like to see. Definitely there will be more recipes to come for the holidays!